The Postman brings far too many packages to my house, he must think I’m some sort of crazy internet shopping addict and I’m not denying it but I received a mystery package a few weeks ago and for the life of me I didn’t know where it had came from because I hadn’t bought anything (online he-he) and I hadn’t won a competition, It was a rather large package so I was obviously dying to see what was inside.
After tearing open the packaging, out comes this massive white box, a rather fancy box at that. Then peering inside – this is what I found.
Well wasn’t I pleasantly surprised! In-fact it felt like my birthday 🙂 I absolutely had no idea when I agreed to do a review for Bepanthen that I would receive this in the mail! ( Also please be aware that these gifts will not change my opinion of these products!)
Inside the package contained
- Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment 30g
- Bepanthen Baby Moisturiser
- Bepanthen Family Soft Toy SPIKE
- Bepanthen Family Soft Toy WILF
- The Little White Company Seychelles Candle
- The Little White Company Cloud Pram Blanket Grey/White
- The Little White Company Cotton Check Pram Blanket Grey
- The Little White Company Star Sleepsuit and Hat
Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment – How it works
It works by forming a transparent layer which helps to protect from irritants or rubbing. The water-in-oil formulation helps keep the skin healthy and hydrated to maintain its natural protective barrier. It also contains pro-vitamin B5 which gently helps the natural recovery of baby’s soft skin and it helps by sealing in the skins natural moisture, allowing gentle recovery without drying out the skin.
Bayer Healthcare have also responded to the feedback from parents and re-designed their packaging to make it so much easier to use. The easy-to-use, flip-top cap allows nappy changers to use just one hand to open the tube – a definite improvement when you are holding baby especially if they are very wriggly.
Top 5 Nappy Care Tips From Bepanthen
- Change nappies often – Its vital to stop stale wee being in contact with baby’s delicate skin, so try to change disposable nappies frequently. If you’re using reusable nappies you could also try using a disposable liner to help protect your babies skin.
- Let Baby’s skin breathe – It’s good to be free! Let your baby kick their legs and go nappy free as much as possible, just make sure the rooms warm and there’s a towel or nappy mat for any little leaks!
- Clean the area thoroughly – Whenever you change baby’s nappy, make sure the whole area is cleaned and then allowed to dry completely.
- Use Protective Ointment – Coat your baby’s bottom with a thin layer of protective ointment like Bepanthen every-time you change a nappy – and especially at bedtime. This moisturizing, breathable ointment reinforces the skins natural barrier and helps stop the irritating chemicals in wee and poo from penetrating.
- Wash Carefully – If you’re using reusable nappies, a great tip is to always wash them with non-biological products, because it helps to prevent irritation. Put them on a boil wash too, to beat the bugs.
Bepanthen Baby Moisturiser
Ensure you help to keep baby’s skin well protected by avoiding the use of products containing harsh chemicals or anything that may cause irritation or damage. Dry air or even windy weather can play havoc with your little ones exposed skin, leaving them with chapped lips or cracked skin particularly in the summer and winter months. Choose skincare designed just for babies. Bayer Healthcare has developed Bepanthen Baby Moisturiser which can be used from new born babies and above. It’s very mild yet deeply moisturising, making it suitable for use on babies with extra sensitive skin.
It contains pro-Vitiman B5 and its free from alcohol , colours , frangrances, parabens and other preservatives, lanolin or parrafin.
The Bepanthen baby product range is available from Boots, Asda and Tesco. ( Baby Sun Cream from Boots only)
- Baby Moisturiser £5.99
- Sun Cream £9.99
- Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment is available in 3 sizes
30g – £3.99
50g – £5.99
100g – £7.99
You can see more information on their website right > Here
I also have some Winter Skincare Tips from Nicola Joseph – A Registered Health Visitor and Peadiatric nurse. These tips will come in handy now that we’re officially into winter and will help keep your baby comfortable over the coming months.
- Babies are much more sensitive to a change in temperature than we are, and it can be tricky dressing them for the cold winter months when you know you will be going from a warm, centrally heated environment to the harsh outside air. To help you manage this, its best to dress your little one in layers that can be added and removed easily as you move from temperature to temperature.
- Just as babies can be prone to heat rash in hot summer months, they can also get heat rash in winter from wearing too many clothes or swaddled in heavy blankets. Babies are particularly susceptible to this if they are warmly dressed and in one particular place or position for a long period of time – such as a car seat. To avoid this ensure you are dressing them in breathable natural fibres, and try to ensure that they only have cotton next to their skin.
- Too much bath-time fun can dry you little ones skin out, particularly during the winter months – so try to keep bathing limited to two or three times a week – particularity when they are young. There’s no need to use any products in the bath as these can be particularly drying. If your little ones skin is feeling a little dry, straight after the bath use a ‘free from’ moisturiser such as Bepanthen Baby Moisturiser with a mild gentle formula that’s been developed specifically for new born babies or those with extra sensitive skin.
- When washing your little ones clothes, use a gentle, fragrance-free fabric wash and conditioner to keep their clothes feeling soft against their skin. This is particularly important during the winter months when they are likely to be covered up for most of the day and night.
- Don’t forget, although the temperature may be cold, if the sun is shining you should still protect your baby’s face with a good, high protection sun lotion such as Bepanthen Baby Sun Cream.
I’ve never used Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment on my children before as I’ve always used another leading brand, I did however use it to heal a tattoo many years back and it worked a treat with the healing process. Callum doesn’t suffer too much with nappy rash, he’s had one here and there but nothing problematic. He was starting to develop one just before we received the cream however, I seemed to be changing dirty nappy after dirty nappy and his bum was beginning to look quite red and sore. After reading some of Bepanthens tips I started cutting down his bath times to 3-4 a week and applying the cream every nappy change and especially before bed, It glided on very easily although it was slightly greasy, I could feel the barrier that it created when I put some on my hand, it made my skin look really healthy. I was able to use one hand to flip open the cap, squeeze some out and apply it – all the while – trying….I said trying!! To keep Callum in place. He’s at the wriggly stage and is taking tips from my 7 year old on how to ignore the word NO! We now have a clear bum with no redness 2 weeks later, but I still apply the cream every night like advised. I give a thumbs up to the Bepanthen nappy care ointment and would definitely recommend it to other mums even though I do find it a tad expensive.
The Bepanthan Baby Moisturiser is also another much loved product and I have used this product on both of us. It’s bitter cold outside and I’ve began using it on Callum’s face and hands to help protect against the cold weather as well as applying it after every bath. I began using it to treat the dry skin on my feet too. I had been looking for some sort of foot cream to treat it but wasn’t sure which brand to choose and because its alcohol free it won’t make the dry skin worse, so my feet have become verrrrry smooth, it’s also fragrance free and as much as I love to smell a nice product, I know its not good for the feet! So I’m very impressed with the baby moisturiser and will be picking up another tube as soon as it runs out after testing this out! If you see my photo below you can see the dry skin on my feet, it did look much worse than that and I have high hopes it continues to heel the cracked skin and I’ll have lovely soft tootsies in no time.
The Little White Company Goodies
I’ve been seeing The White Company all over my social media channels for ages now and swoon over their products, white is my favorite colour! I was really happy to receive some goodies for Callum and this beautiful Seychelles Candle from The Little White Company. The Candle alone cost’s £20, something I would never pay for a candle but I can see why it costs that much. It comes in beautiful packaging and the smell!! The smell is lovely. LOVELY I tell you. I don’t want to burn it but the thing is I don’t even have to burn it, I can put it on my desk right next to my computer and the the smell just hits you right away. If you’re a candle lover, you must put this on your list!
A big Thank-you to Bepanthen for letting me test out and find new products and also for our lovely items from The Little White Company
Thank-you also for reading and I hope you’ve learned some new tips and some valuable information for keeping your babies skin protected.
Whats your favorite nappy rash cream?
**I was sent these product’s for a review. My opinions are my own and I am under no obligations to give a positive review.
You can Follow Me on
I Love Finding New Blogs To Read So Feel Free To Drop Your Links